- 103,291 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- A journey into type-A-personality-land and back
- Culture clash between introverts and extroverts
Category Archives: Academia
In my observation, there are exactly two basic ways to survive the eco-system of a large corporation in a healthy and long-term sustainable way. 1. The happy underling The happy underling is a very sociable person. He/she comes to the … Continue reading
So my 6 months at a large financial corporation have been interesting. The difference to a research environment is huge. People are extremely well behaved. As of now, I have never heard anyone scream. Nobody throws things, I haven’t encountered … Continue reading
I had two job interviews last week, and I am currently trying to figure out whether or not I want to work in a large multinational corporation. At least one of the jobs sounds very attractive, with a likable boss, … Continue reading