- 110,056 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- A journey into type-A-personality-land and back
Tag Archives: academic lifestyle
Recently I was reading up on the term “type A personalities“, which I have seen used by academic bloggers to describe themselves. Apparently, type A personalities tend to be impatient, short-fused, efficient, organized, status-oriented, very competitive, quite aggressive, and most … Continue reading
Here is yet another article about the negative effect that having to do 2-3 postdocs before being able to apply for tenure-track positions has on people’s life, which has been widely shared and discussed on my facebook. I left academia … Continue reading
This fall I have now lived abroad for 5 years in a row, in two different countries, and in total I have spend 6.5 years living in 4 different countries away from home. I will move again in the next … Continue reading
Having PhD students depend on you, some clinging to you, listening, fearing you. Other students evading you, hating you, unsuccessfully trying to trick you. Everybody in a secret circle of admiration around you, obsessing over you. You don’t even notice … Continue reading