- 120,209 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- Culture clash between introverts and extroverts
Tag Archives: conferences
Having PhD students depend on you, some clinging to you, listening, fearing you. Other students evading you, hating you, unsuccessfully trying to trick you. Everybody in a secret circle of admiration around you, obsessing over you. You don’t even notice … Continue reading
Most of the time I go to conferences and workshops with a certain initial enthusiasm. However. It takes only 1-2 days until conferences start to seriously get to me. I am sitting in a room with 50 other scientists in … Continue reading