- 122,069 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- Culture clash between introverts and extroverts
Tag Archives: minorities
One of the things I love about Switzerland is that every citizen can actively participate in shaping the future of the country. Every few months, I get a huge envelope with information on complex questions, and that I can give … Continue reading
A new study has shown very clearly the existence of gender bias in scientific hiring: With exactly the same CV, male applicants are preferred over female ones. This reminds me of the following story that happened to me a while … Continue reading
“There is a woman around, so let’s not talk about this”, is something that I never hear from my Norther European/American colleagues. Probably most people stupidly think that is a good thing, even a sign of equality, of being liberated … Continue reading
Imagine you live in a world very similar to yours, except that there is a war that has been going on for centuries. The borders need to be protected against the Orks. As tradition dictates, this hard but honorable work … Continue reading