- 108,590 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- A journey into type-A-personality-land and back
Tag Archives: Physics
I am wondering if one of the problems that students with a fear of maths and physics have is that their mental concept of what “understanding something” means is not adapted to those subjects. For example, I had a very … Continue reading
Yesterday, I went to see Interstellar, Chrisopher Nolan’s new sci-fi movie that sounded very interesting to me, as it features a wormhole and travel to another galaxy, and a dystopian starting point. I was very disappointed though, both in terms … Continue reading
Reading about particle physics is just mind-blowing. This must be most fantastic, most crazy, most amazing field of physics. It is so ridiculously deep and outlandish. ‘We have reached an incredible milestone’, I read everywhere in the newspapers, ‘the Higgs … Continue reading
Here are four easy ways in which to be an asshole as a co-author. (i) In case something goes wrong, like if you get a difficult referee report, or if the main author discovers a bug in their code far … Continue reading