- 101,939 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- A journey into type-A-personality-land and back
- Culture clash between introverts and extroverts
Tag Archives: science
I am wondering if one of the problems that students with a fear of maths and physics have is that their mental concept of what “understanding something” means is not adapted to those subjects. For example, I had a very … Continue reading
Yesterday, I went to see Interstellar, Chrisopher Nolan’s new sci-fi movie that sounded very interesting to me, as it features a wormhole and travel to another galaxy, and a dystopian starting point. I was very disappointed though, both in terms … Continue reading
Here is yet another article about the negative effect that having to do 2-3 postdocs before being able to apply for tenure-track positions has on people’s life, which has been widely shared and discussed on my facebook. I left academia … Continue reading
I am writing an ERC starting grant, which is the main instrument of the European Union to support young researchers that want to start their own research group. This is a rather painful exercise, partially because I have to translate … Continue reading