- 110,056 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- A journey into type-A-personality-land and back
Tag Archives: sexism
I have always wondered why there seems to be an endless parade of 40-50 year old Dutch women on the streets here, obviously enjoying an afternoon off with their friends or going shopping. Mostly look very similar, with hair dyed … Continue reading
I spent a large fraction of last year working out a proposal for a junior group leader positions in my field. Now I was invited for an interview for the one position that I wanted most. It was a total … Continue reading
A new study has shown very clearly the existence of gender bias in scientific hiring: With exactly the same CV, male applicants are preferred over female ones. This reminds me of the following story that happened to me a while … Continue reading