- 108,590 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- A journey into type-A-personality-land and back
Tag Archives: teaching
I am wondering if one of the problems that students with a fear of maths and physics have is that their mental concept of what “understanding something” means is not adapted to those subjects. For example, I had a very … Continue reading
A year ago, I was still in my second postdoc, living abroad and interviewing for tenure-track positions. Now I am a physics teacher at a high school back at home. I did not know that teaching can be so immediately … Continue reading
A month ago, I took over 2 maths classes which were both not in a good state: their previous teacher had been giving unsatisfactory marks the entire classes, and they were discouraged with maths and generally in a bad mood. … Continue reading
So, last month I left science after 10 years, and started as a substitute teacher at a high school. I currently plan to become a high school teacher in physics and maths, which means getting an extra degree. The main … Continue reading