- 120,707 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- Culture clash between introverts and extroverts
Tag Archives: teaching
Physics Teacher: How much did you make at the Big Company? Me: About the same as here. PT: Only? Why did you leave? It was because everyone only cared about money, right? Me: Yes. PT: I hate that too. I … Continue reading
I am wondering if one of the problems that students with a fear of maths and physics have is that their mental concept of what “understanding something” means is not adapted to those subjects. For example, I had a very … Continue reading
A year ago, I was still in my second postdoc, living abroad and interviewing for tenure-track positions. Now I am a physics teacher at a high school back at home. I did not know that teaching can be so immediately … Continue reading