- 101,939 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- A journey into type-A-personality-land and back
- Culture clash between introverts and extroverts
Tag Archives: venting
In my observation, there are exactly two basic ways to survive the eco-system of a large corporation in a healthy and long-term sustainable way. 1. The happy underling The happy underling is a very sociable person. He/she comes to the … Continue reading
So my 6 months at a large financial corporation have been interesting. The difference to a research environment is huge. People are extremely well behaved. As of now, I have never heard anyone scream. Nobody throws things, I haven’t encountered … Continue reading
Collecting things Organizing events Bringing a cake or any other type of food anywhere Listening to people talk about their stomach flus, and how they get passed around in their family Negotiations Workplace politics Following arbitrary rules Doing things last … Continue reading
Yesterday, I went to see Interstellar, Chrisopher Nolan’s new sci-fi movie that sounded very interesting to me, as it features a wormhole and travel to another galaxy, and a dystopian starting point. I was very disappointed though, both in terms … Continue reading