- 129,440 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- Culture clash between introverts and extroverts
Join 220 other subscribers
Tag Archives: applications
Leaving academia: Whether or not to work in a large corporation
I had two job interviews last week, and I am currently trying to figure out whether or not I want to work in a large multinational corporation. At least one of the jobs sounds very attractive, with a likable boss, … Continue reading
Posted in Leaving Academia Tagged applications, happiness, motivation 20 Comments
Should you do another postdoc?
Here is yet another article about the negative effect that having to do 2-3 postdocs before being able to apply for tenure-track positions has on people’s life, which has been widely shared and discussed on my facebook. I left academia … Continue reading
Posted in Academia Tagged Academia, academic lifestyle, applications, happiness, motivation, professorship, science 27 Comments
Some advice for academic search committees
It is very easy to find articles and blog posts about how to behave as an academic job candidate. What not to say, how to dress, how to appear self-confident and flatter the egos of the search committee members at … Continue reading
Posted in Academia, Women in science Tagged Academia, applications, postdoc, professorship 2 Comments