- 120,209 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- Culture clash between introverts and extroverts
Tag Archives: postdoc
It is very easy to find articles and blog posts about how to behave as an academic job candidate. What not to say, how to dress, how to appear self-confident and flatter the egos of the search committee members at … Continue reading
“Are you applying for tenure-track positions?” “Hm. Not really, actually.” “Why?” I have had exactly this conversation about 100 times by now. The problem is that I cannot give a good explanation why I am not applying, so I usually … Continue reading
This fall I have now lived abroad for 5 years in a row, in two different countries, and in total I have spend 6.5 years living in 4 different countries away from home. I will move again in the next … Continue reading
I am writing an ERC starting grant, which is the main instrument of the European Union to support young researchers that want to start their own research group. This is a rather painful exercise, partially because I have to translate … Continue reading