- 121,912 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do women leave science?
- How to overcome facebook status anxiety
- Should you do another postdoc?
- Social anxiety in high school
- The friendship algorithm and the leaky pipe
- The impact of motherhood on the lives of women: An analogy
- How I feel when I feel rejected
- Some things I learned from being seriously ill
- Culture clash between introverts and extroverts
Tag Archives: feminism
I have always wondered why there seems to be an endless parade of 40-50 year old Dutch women on the streets here, obviously enjoying an afternoon off with their friends or going shopping. Mostly look very similar, with hair dyed … Continue reading
“There is a woman around, so let’s not talk about this”, is something that I never hear from my Norther European/American colleagues. Probably most people stupidly think that is a good thing, even a sign of equality, of being liberated … Continue reading
Yesterday, I stumbled upon this quote in a great article on hipster racism on Jezebel: “If you claim that you are not a racist person (…) then you must believe that people are fundamentally born equal. So if that’s true, … Continue reading
Imagine you live in a world very similar to yours, except that there is a war that has been going on for centuries. The borders need to be protected against the Orks. As tradition dictates, this hard but honorable work … Continue reading